The climate of resumption of travel has already taken over the corporate environment. After two years of the pandemic, corporate travelers are eager to return to their activities, whether at business meetings, events or to generate networking.
A forecast prepared by Finances Online has provided some interesting data on the path corporate travel is taking. According to the survey, 40% of the current workforce may be represented by a group of people who were born in a completely digital environment, after the popularization of broadband internet and home computers.
As this group of people occupies the job market, companies need to look for ways to adapt their work models so that they remain attractive and retain talent. This happens because they have very different values from those traditionally practiced in the corporate environment.
Another survey carried out by Panrotas, in partnership with TRVL Lab, brought more data on the profile of the Indian corporate traveler and their journey, from beginning to end. The report was obtained from interviews with 1,236 travelers from all regions of India.
The insights presented in the survey were the results of analysis and cross-referencing, as well as observations of general and tourism-specific behavior and consumption trends.
1. We have a new corporate traveler profile
In general, according to a study conducted by Panrotas, in partnership with TRVL Lab, the Indian corporate traveler makes 2 to 3 national business trips per year, with an average duration of 2 to 3 days.
Expenses range between $1000 and $3000 per trip and, according to most, they have not traveled internationally in the last 18 months.
2. Travelers want to choose their travel providers
Currently, only a small portion of corporate travelers have either full or within a set, budget to choose their travel providers.
The main criterion for defining a choice is the price for the majority.
- 36.01% have full autonomy to choose business travel providers
- 52.28% chose the plane as a means of transport for their next trip
- Price is the most important criterion for 70.64%
- 40.29% opt for budget hotels, while 33.57% prefer comfortable hotels, with price being the most important criterion for 68.27%.
3. Positive experiences contribute to talent retention
Other surveys, such as the one carried out by Amadeus, show that 75% of professionals like to travel for work, despite possible inconveniences.
Even with the facilitation of distance meetings through tools such as Google Meet and Zoom, the need for face-to-face connections continues to exist, not only to create a closer relationship with the customer but to share ideas and create networking.
In this way, employees who arrive at their destination without experiencing boarding problems or wasting hours on connections work more rested, willing and happier, performing better.
In the long run, these good experiences help them feel valued within the company, motivating them to stay longer. And, of course, this is one of the great goals (and challenges!) of today’s travel managers.
How can ProRido help you in this scenario?
The ProRido app integrates your entire employee journey outside the company, from booking to payment, into an incredible, mobile experience. Managers gain visibility and productivity and employees gain practicality and variety in travel services.
The employee experience is enhanced with the use of the most advanced technologies in terms of architecture, information processing capacity, and usability. After all, who doesn’t feel more comfortable organizing their daily lives on our inseparable friend, the smartphone?
With ProRido, managers and employees start to deliberate in an agile way and with more visibility among the offers of the largest hotel chains, urban mobility companies, and airline tickets already filtered by cost-benefit.
In this way, to continue facilitating the routines of travel managers and corporate travelers, ProRido continues to improve versions of its 360º travel and mobility super app. After all, we aim for you, the travel manager, and your collaborator to have a complete solution for your journeys.
Corporate travel management is not done (or, at least, shouldn’t be done) with half-open eyes. That’s why ProRido combines technology and services to effectively be the corporate travel agency of the new economy.
The new economy travel agency
ProRido is an agency that applies intelligence and technology to the world of travel, bringing more practicality, agility, and economy.
On a single platform, managers and traveling employees can plan, execute, pay and analyze a trip. With all processes integrated and presented on a single screen, we can say that hiring ProRido is having control of corporate travel management in the palm of your hand, literally, through the application.
Just access the platform to have the best offers on the market available – and the best, already filtered by your corporate travel policy. Your employee has the autonomy to plane tickets, accommodation, choose urban mobility companies, and even food, with the peace of mind that everything is in agreement with the company.
Contracts, receipts, and multiple forms of payment are all there, centralized, and monitored by managers in real-time. If the benefits before and during the trip are already apparent, we can only say that ProRido also offers travel reports with consolidated data.
In addition to offering benefits to everyone involved and positively impacting the budget, there are still 4 main reasons that lead to this result:
- More control of hiring and expenses: centrally monitor all the moves made during the planning, execution, and payment of corporate trips.
- Guaranteed access to the best offers on the market: the largest hotel chains, urban mobility companies, and airline tickets, filtered by cost-benefit.
- Just one platform for all needs: your company will not need to hire and invest in different platforms for the management of corporate travel.
- Greater productivity for the team: less time spent on bureaucratic processes for managing expenses and reimbursement equals more time to focus on what is important for the company.
Transforming the mobility of more than 1,000 companies in 2,000 cities around the world, ProRido is evaluated positively by 97% of customers who, in addition to gaining comfort, can reduce corporate travel expenses by more than 30%.
Expense and reimbursement management
One of the most stressful processes in corporate travel management is refunds. This happens because it involves many manual processes and many people, which can lead to human error, making activities tiring and bureaucratic. These processes range from gathering invoices, filling out spreadsheets, printing receipts, signing, checking, rectifying expenses, and waiting for the approval of the expenses to only then receiving the reimbursement.
For the team that inspects and approves refunds, these documents do not always arrive organized and in the correct way. These tasks need to be performed with extreme care and attention, making them the target of stress and nervousness, which can generate a climate of tension in the department and friction can occur between those involved.
In this way, the less manual and people-dependent the management of expenses and reimbursements in a corporate travel sector, the greater the satisfaction of its employees with this process.
A study conducted by the University of California in 2019 found that “ a happy employee is, on average, 31% more productive, three times more creative, and sells 37% more compared to others .”
In contrast, one of the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) surveys showed that 71% of corporate travelers consider their business travel experience when validating their job satisfaction. Therefore, it is clear that having efficient management of expenses and reimbursements brings numerous benefits to the company.
The management of corporate travel expenses and reimbursements must encompass the process from beginning to end, from travel planning to post-trip accountability of the traveling employee.
Thus, the company must choose a tool capable of integrating processes at all times and that is compatible with software and systems already used by the teams. This avoids deployment wear, ensures that your employees will use the tool, and allows greater control over results and reports.
Some tools available on the market only cover part of the process, so it is important that a demonstration is made before hiring a service and that the team involved can test it for a short period.
How does ProRido work?
With all processes integrated and presented on a single screen, we can say that hiring ProRido is having control of corporate travel management in the palm of your hand, literally, through the application.
- Just access the platform to have the best offers on the market at your disposal – and the best, already filtered by your corporate travel policy. Your employee has the autonomy to plane tickets, accommodation, choose urban mobility companies, and even food, with the peace of mind that everything is in agreement with the company.
- Contracts, receipts, and multiple forms of payment are all there, centralized, and monitored by managers in real-time. If the benefits before and during the trip are already apparent, we can only say that ProRido also offers trip reports with consolidated data.
- All this innovation and practicality justifies ProRido being in the routine of more than 3,000 users in India.
Centralizing all processes is a unanimous benefit, but your employees will be able to add some more advantages:
- End of misinterpretation and communication of corporate travel policy. As the ProRido platform is already customized with your company’s policy, the guidelines will naturally be followed by travelers.
- The employee has more autonomy to decide on their travel suppliers. With the guarantee that you have access to the best options on the market and the peace of mind that you will not face problems with the corporate travel policy afterward.
- Less time is spent on bureaucracy and more focus on what matters. With no need to worry about politics and expense and reimbursement management, your team can focus on what motivated the trip.
- More connected team. All these changes experienced by managers and employees will create a less frayed relationship, without friction and that will flow much better. This is the starting point for the team to work better together and solutions start to emerge!
At ProRido, technology and humanized service go hand in hand.
“One of the key points is having a diverse team so that any issues that are raised can be evaluated from multiple perspectives, in each case, increasing the chances of an effective resolution through the exchange of empathy”, explains Jyoti Bansal, CHO of ProRido.
The numbers prove that such a strategy has been working for the startup. With more than 300,000 registered users on its platform, ProRido resolved 95% of customer calls via email in the first contact, between January and April of this year. Via chat and WhatsApp, 86% of calls were completed in a single contact.
To achieve such high rates, travel tech has sought to form a diverse team of professionals, currently from the five regions of India, of different ages, in addition to encouraging the hiring of women, who already represent 63% of the company’s employees.
Contrary to common sense that technology-based companies have less and less humanized service, ProRido believes that the first step for companies in the sector to advance in service is to understand technology as a facilitator, not as a substitute in customer contact.
ProRido’s service team is guided and trained to solve the most diverse day-to-day situations with empathy, focus on the solution, commitment, and innovation.
It is precisely this positive cycle that is reflected in the relationship between ProRido and its customers since 97% of them evaluate it positively.
How will these improvements impact the company’s budget?
We have already gone through the improvements in the routine of managers, and employees and now we come to the topic of greatest relevance to the company: cost reduction.
By now, you may have already realized that ProRido offers an innovative solution in every way, as it offers benefits for everyone involved and still positively impacts the budget. In this topic, then, we will just organize the 3 main reasons that lead to this result :
- More control of hiring and expenses. The ProRido platform allows managers to monitor all the movements made during the planning, execution, and payment of corporate trips in a centralized way, with the possibility of analyzing the data more precisely.
- Guaranteed access to the best offers on the market. With the ProRido system, managers and employees receive offers from the largest hotel chains, urban mobility companies, and airline tickets already filtered by cost-benefit. The transparency that only an innovative travel tech can offer, generates practicality and savings for your company.
- Just one platform for all needs. Your company will not need to hire and invest in different platforms for the management of corporate travel. Having only one solution brings not only practicality but also the possibility of better negotiation and expense reduction.
- Greater productivity for the team. Less time spent on bureaucratic processes for managing expenses and reimbursement = more time to focus on what is important for the company. In addition to reducing expenses, ProRido can help increase revenue, as you and your employees will have more time available to prospect new customers and contracts.
Maybe now you want to see these benefits in practice, don’t you?
Call Now! +91 9108670001
Don’t forget to explore other services from the house of ProRido at Airport Taxi, Hourly / Daily Cab Service, Luxury Car Rental, Intercity Outstation Cabs, Corporate Car Rental, Wedding Special Occasion Car Rental. We are also available on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
Leave your comment, here in the post, so that other travel and mobility management professionals can share their opinions!
You must log in to post a comment.